Fresh Healthy Vending Machines
All Fresh Healthy Vending Machines are versatile, high-capacity vending machines. Fresh Healthy Vending machines are designed, tested, and built to provide years of reliable, low-maintenance service in an indoor environment. A fully insulated cabinet, DEX data capability, and flexible product configuration are just some of the many features built into every AMS merchandiser.
Fresh Healthy Vending System
The Fresh Healthy Vending machine system is a patented vend-sensing system that detects when products fall into the delivery bin. Basically, a plane of infra-red light is created across the top of the delivery bin, and the Sensit 3 system can detect when the light has been blocked by a falling product. Using this technology, the vendor “knows” when your customer gets the product. The Sensit 3 system has several important benefits:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If, during the vend, the product hangs up or an opening was missed in loading, the helix can rotate several additional partial revolutions to attempt to deliver the product. No more hitting or shaking the vendor to get products that did not fall!
- Instant Refund: If the customer does not receive a product, he can receive a full refund by pressing the coin return, or he can select another product. No more refund requests!
- Adjustable Helix Motion: With the Fresh Healthy Vending Machine system, the helix can stop as soon as the product falls, or when the helix returns to the home position. See section 6.8 for more information.
- Additional Benefits:
- Opening the delivery bin door will not affect the Fresh Healthy Vending Machine system. The sensors are located above the delivery bin and will not be blocked by the bin door. Product that falls while the door is open will still pass through the beam.
- Shining a light at a sensor will not allow vandals to receive free product. Any tampering which changes the precise amount of light normally received will be treated as a successful vend, resulting in the vandal losing his money.
- Disabling or blocking the sensor will not allow vandals to receive free product. The Fresh Healthy Vending system can over-ride blocked or malfunctioning sensors and still vend.
- Opening the door of a cold vendor will cause some condensation to form inside. The Fresh Healthy Vending system will not allow vending until this fogging clears, normally within a few minutes of closing the door.
- On all Fresh Healthy Vending serial numbers, the first digit identifies where a merchandiser was manufactured. Those merchandisers built in the U.S. start with the number 1. Those merchandisers built in Mexico start with the number 2.
- The next two digits identify the year of manufacture. These numbers are 09 (for 2009) and so forth.
- The last four digits identify the number assigned to each merchandiser during assembly. Numbering starts with 0000 and continues through 9999, whereupon these four digits start over.
- >An example of the numbering system in use is as follows: 1-0902-1156
- The above drawing shows a typical configuration used in an Fresh Healthy Vending Machine 35 model vendor.
- The top tray in the above example contains four columns, formed by the placement of dividers, with motors and large diameter helices in place. Note that as the 39” vendor is wider, its tray can hold 5 large diameter helices.
- The pitch of the helices (the number of slots for loading product) is given by the number. The size of the square indicates the size of the helix (small or large).
- All trays can be configured in this or another configuration, depending on the products being vended.
- Products which fit in the 10 pitch helix may be too large to fit in the 15 pitch helix. The product must be freely pushed out of the column by the helix to fall into the hopper.
- The fourth tray down as shown in the above example contains eight columns with small diameter helices. The pitch is 18 for all columns, so the configuration on this tray can hold 18 x 8 = 144 products. Note that as the 39” vendor is wider, its tray can hold 10 small diameter helices.
- A working configuration is one column with a given helix (or two columns coupled,) to vend a given product. A record of working product configurations, as shown in the example diagram, will greatly speed up new set-ups and duplicate vendors.
- With a the Fresh Healthy Vending Machine, an extra wide product can be vended by ‘coupling’ two motors. When this product is selected, the two helices will turn at the same rate to vend the product.
- Form a column between dividers, wide enough for the product. When viewed from the front of the tray, install a clockwise (CW) motor and helix on the right side of the column, and a counter-clockwise (CCW) motor and helix on the left side of the column. Note that all normal or standard motors and helices turn CCW to vend product. The motors can be any distance apart. The helices must be of the same pitch.
- Using the configuration menu, couple the two motors together.
- Install the product into the two helices. Change the selection and price on the tray.
- The bottom tray shown in the above example contains four columns with small diameter, coupled helices. The pitch is 7 for all columns, so the configuration on this tray can hold 7 x 4 = 28 products. Again, the 39” vendor is wider, and its tray can hold 5 coupled sets.
Healthy and Safety
Healthy and Safety Specifications
The Fresh Healthy Vending Machine meets the National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) requirements for refrigerated food vending machines. As of this writing, the NAMA specifications for perishable food product vendors require that the temperature in the vendor must cool to 41°F within 30 minutes of closing the door or a HS2 error will be generated and the vendor will not allow sales of protected items. (Note that Delayed Sales has no effect on this 30 minute cool-down period). This is to allow a recovery period following loading: however, all products should be chilled prior to loading. After the 30 minute cool-down requirement has been met, if the temperature in the vendor exceeds 41°F for more than 15 minutes a HS1 error will be generated and the vendor will not allow sales of protected items. Selections that are ‘exempt’ from Health & Safety protection will still be available.
Healthy and Safety Software
To meet these requirements, all Fresh Healthy Vending refrigerated food vendors have control software with a built-in Health & Safety (H&S) function. The H&S function is activated automatically in food vendors when the temperature is set to 41°F or below. Unless otherwise specified by regulatory agencies, AMS recommends setting the temperature to 40°F when vending perishable food products. See section 8.9 to test.
Healthy and Safety Protection
In the event the temperature exceeds the NAMA specifications following the recovery period or during normal operation, an error will be generated and the vendor will not allow sales. This protects the consumer from purchasing spoiled food. H&S error codes are detailed in Section 7.3.
Fresh Healthy Vending Model Identification
When requesting service, replacement parts or technical assistance, please copy the information found on the Serial Plate. It is attached inside the door near the upper right corner of the window and is visible from the outside. The information contained on this plate is necessary to determine what parts, kits, or maintenance should be applied to your specific model.
Operating Environment: Fresh Healthy Vending Machines are designed for indoor use only. Indoor temperatures must be between 35°F (1°C) and 110°F (43°C). Maximum temperature for vendors with perishable food is 100F (38C). The vendor should not be located in an area where it may be subjected to direct sunlight, a water jet, or rain.
|Model 35||Model 39|
|Cabinet Dimensions||33 3/4”W x 72”H x 36”D
(89 cm x 183 cm x 91 cm)
|39”W x 72”H x 36”D
(99 cm x 183 cm x 91 cm)
|Cabinet Weight||Approx. 686 lbs. (312 kg)||Approx. 738 lbs. (335 kg)|
|Unit Capacity||Capacity depends on configuration:
120 units min.
1152 units max.
|Capacity depends on configuration:
150 units min.
1440 units max.
|Power Requirements||120 VAC, 60 Hz||120 VAC, 60 Hz|
|Refrigerant Specs||1/2 HP, R-134a, 10 oz.||1/2 HP, R-134a, 10 oz.|
Daily energy consumption varies considerably due to temperature, humidity, usage, load schedule, etc. Based on our testing done to ANSI/ ASHRAE Standard test conditions (75°F @ 45% rH), the following values are presented for comparison only.
Low-Temp vendor: 10.48 kWhr/day
Energy efficient Low-Temp (available in California & Canada): 4.36 kWhr/day
Coin Mechanisms and Bill Validators: Fresh Healthy Vending Machines will support all Multi-Drop Bus (MDB) coin mechanisms, bill validators and card readers. Where applicable, it will also support the “Executive Mechanism” Coin Changer.